The Garden House opened as a flower shop in the 1930’s located on the north side of Main Street. This building has since been used for a variety of businesses. Following the flower shop, it was used for an insurance office for many years. In the late 1990s a gift shop called A Pocket Full of Posies opened for business there. In the late 2000s, the Verace Restaurant took up space at 599 Main Street.
Verace is in operation today and is owned by The Bohlsen Restaurant Group, which also owns neighboring Tellers: An American Chophouse and other restaurants on Long Island.