orowoc-hotel-resized

Chase bank Islip

Orowoc Hotel, currently a Chase Bank branch 556 Main Street Islip, was old but comfortable and located just east of Allen’s Pharmacy in 1938. The hotel was opened in 1889 by proprietor Frank Buchacek and known as the Orowoc House at Islip. Later known as the Orowoc Hotel, it was torn down in October 1951. Then, the Bohack Store resided in its place.