Main Street looking west from Tellers: On the right (north side of Main Street) was Security National Bank, which is currently Tellers Chophouse.
Just west of the bank is the Garden Host florist (Verace). To the west of the florist was Mr. Egelman’s drug store. The old Town Hall is the dark building west of the drug store.
Across the street from the bank, the building with the columns was Doxsee’s, which is believed to have sold real estate and insurance. In the back of Doxsee’s, not pictured, was the Islip Post Office in a small, crowded space. The bank was here in the 1940’s & 1950’s.