One of the best parts of living near the South Shore is, of course, the beaches.
In the national newspapers’ 2018 Readers’ Choice rankings, six Long Island beaches made the Top 10 for best beaches in New York State. Coming in at No. 1 was Fire Island National Seashore.
“Visitors to Fire Island National Seashore have 32 miles of white quartz sand beaches to choose from,” USA Today wrote. “When not sunbathing or swimming, park goers will find numerous nature trails for hiking and wildlife viewing as well.”
Top: A screen shot from fireislandandbeyond.com’s 24/7 marina cam at Davis Park.
- Fire Island National Seashore – Patchogue (base of operations)
- Jones Beach State Park – Wantagh
- Robert Moses State Park – Babylon
- Tiana Beach – Hampton Bays
- Coney Island Beach & Boardwalk – Brooklyn
- Cupsogue Beach – Westhampton Beach
- Million Dollar Beach (Lake George Beach) – Lake George
- Coopers Beach – Southampton
- Hither Hills State Park – Montauk
- Green Lakes State Park – Fayetteville