Updated Friday a.m.:

The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm watch for this weekend, forecasting 3 to 6 inches of snow, sleet and freezing rain.

Aside from the snow and sleet, an additional inch of ice accumulations is also possible, with heavy rainfalls happening early Sunday. The watch lists northwestern Suffolk, northern Nassau County and all five boroughs of New York City as areas expected to be impacted.

Click here or a full NWS weather briefing as of 8 a.m. on Friday.

The latest report calls for a 90 percent chance of zero snowfall, and a 10 percent chance of the highest predicted snowfall amounts in Suffolk.

The storm watch is in effect from Saturday afternoon through Sunday afternoon.

“Heavy mixed precipitation possible,” the alert reads.

The NWS five-day forecast calls for a high of 34 degrees all Saturday and a low of 32 with a 50 percent chance of snow starting after 4 p.m. The snow and sleet should then turn to rain sometime after 1 a.m. Sunday, after which another 1 to 3 inches of accumulation is possible.

Temperatures expected to dip significantly, to 8 degrees, Sunday night, with the NWS warning of icy roadways Monday morning.

Photo: 1/23/2016: Shore Road, Babylon Village during winter storm Jonas. Credit: Josh Goetz