Forget one day, Islip Town has been celebrating its birthday all year long.
After turning 335 years old on Nov. 29, 2018, the town has hosted several celebratory events, including a lighting ceremony at Town Hall in November.
Now, for the month of August, Islip Town announced it will be hosting a town-wide restaurant month, where participating eateries and bars will have discounted prices throughout August.
“Customers will find items priced at $16.83 or $3.35, which commemorate 1683, the year the Town received its first patent, or the Town’s birthday year, 335,” said an Islip spokesperson.
See below for a list of Islip Hamlet businesses offering 335/1683 anniversary specials.
- Dang BBQ: $3.35 Happy Birthday Islip Milkshake, $16.83 BBQ Sandwich and Draft Beer Combo.
- Bubba’s Burritos: $3.35 Montauk cans, $16.83 Classic Beef Taco Family Pack (six tacos & two fountain drinks).
- Mango Tango: $3.35 California Roll, $16.83 Honey Walnut Shrimp and Chicken Dinner.
- The Blue: Wednesdays Only: $16.83 Soft Shell Crab dinner special (reservations required).
- Mary Dowlings: $3.35 Bud and Bud Light Drafts, $16.83 nightly dinner specials.
- Maxwells: $16.83 Classic Cheeseburger w/ Side & Lessing’s Local Blonde Beer.
- Eyes on Main: $16.83 DMV Eye exam including Web Filing.
- Doodle Dog Graphics: $16.83 for 250 Glossy Business Cards.
- Nook & Cranny: $3.35/$16.83 Jewelry Specials.
- Little Rascals Communion Dresses & Children’s Clothing: 16.83% off anything in the store.
- Laser Me NY: $335 for 6 sessions of Hair Removal (large area)
Other participating hamlets are East Islip, Great River, Holbrook, and Ronkonkoma. To see more deals, check each area’s chamber of commerce pages.
Top: Dang BBQ in Islip. (Courtesy photo)