Bay Shore’s highly-anticipated Haunted Halloween Family Festival and Trunk or Treat hits the downtown this Saturday.
The family-friendly event goes from 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Main Street between Smith Avenue and Shore Lane. All parking meters will be shut down during the festival.
The event is run by the Bay Shore Beautification Society, the Great South Bay YMCA, the Bay Shore Chamber of Commerce/BID, the Bay Shore Restaurant Association, and Northwell Health.
Scroll down to see our guide.
Haunted Halloween Festival lineup & details
- At 4:30 p.m., the Halloween parade will kick off at the corner of Shore Lane and Main Street and will run west.
- Following that, there will be a red carpet costume contest outside of Band Shell Park on Main Street. There are three age groups: 9 and under, 10 and up, and family.
- From 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., there will be arts and crafts, games, and face painting at Band Shell Park.
- During the fest, there will be decorated cars parked along Main Street, where children will be able to go Trunk or Treating. The Trunk or Treat — organized by the Bay Shore Moms and Dads Group — has 52 cars participating this year.
- There will be a pumpkindecorating contest from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. across from the Community Garden.
- The Community Garden will be hosting its Haunted Garden spooky walk from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m
- A rain date is set for Saturday, Oct. 26.
Make sure to check back at GreaterBayShore to see our photo coverage from the day.
Top: Scene from last year’s Haunted Halloween Festival in Bay Shore.